Varsity Only. Girls and Boys A races and B race. This is the final meet of the varsity season, unless athletes in the A race qualify for states.
The Varsity District Meet will be held at Lakeland High School on Wednesday, October 24th. See the schedule page for directions. The top 7 runners for both the boys’ and girls’ teams will be in the A races, and the rest of the team will participate in the B race.
Boys’ AA (A Race) : 1:20 PM
Girls AAA (A Race): 2:00 PM
Boys’ and Girls’ B Race: 3:20 PM
AA (Boys): 2:10 PM
AAA (Girls): 4:00 PM
Coaches, runners, and spectators must be careful not to run alongside athletes during the race. If a race official witnesses this behavior, the athlete involved will face a possible disqualification.
Dogs and pets are not allowed.
Junior High A and B races only. This is the final race of the season for Junior High athletes.
Time: Bus Departure 7:15 AM
Course Tour 8:45 AM
Girls A Race 10:00 AM
Boys A Race 10:40 AM
Co-ed B Race 11:15 AM
Place: Mountain View High School
11749 PA Route 106
Kingsley, PA 18826
Awards: Top 25 individuals in the "A" race and top 15 in the "B" race receive medals. Team plaques/trophies are awarded to overall team champions by classification (Abington Heights is in the "AAA" classification for girls and “AA” for boys).
- The athletes competing in the "A" race are the top 7 competitors from each team. Performances throughout the season are taken into consideration when determining the top seven, and specific considerations are given to courses of similar length as the championship race and meets during the last half of the season.
- Those athletes who are not in the top seven are invited to attend and run the "B" race. This is a co-ed race.
- The course is a 1.85 mile cross country course comprised of a number of loops on grassy fields and a finish on the track. Due to the terrain, if an athlete has spikes, it is encouraged that they wear them. On a separate note, the course is spectator friendly and you will be able to see athletes multiple times during the race by standing in one location.
This is the first meet of the season. All Junior High and Varsity Athletes will attend.
- Middle School Girls’ @ 2:30 pm
- Middle School Boys’ @ 2:55 pm
- Girls’ Varsity @ 3:20 pm
- Boys’ Varsity @ 3:45 pm
- Sub-Varsity Girls @ 4:10 pm
- Sub-Varsity Boys @ 4:40 pm
- Awards ceremony @ 5:00 pm